European Union Rule Of Law Mission in Kosovo (hereinafter “the EULEX”) is committed to user privacy.
The policy on protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data by EULEX is based on Regulation (EU) 2018/1725 of the European Parliament and of the Council on the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data by the Union institutions and bodies, offices and agencies and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Regulation (EC) No 45/2001 and Decision No 1247/2002/EC (hereinafter ”the Regulation”).
This policy covers the EULEX website within the eulex-kosovo.eu domain. Although you can browse through most of this website without giving any information about yourself, in some cases, personal information is required in order to provide the e-services you request.
EULEX collects ONLY the personal data you passed to us, and we are not collecting any other information about you. In addition, our website does not use any cookies.
Using parts of this website where your personal data is required, it will be treated and managed according to the EULEX instructions and principles of the Regulation. Furthermore EULEX will provide information about the use of your personal data in specific privacy statements if needed.
In this respect,
- A Mission Data Protection Adviser ensures that the provisions of the instructions and Regulation are applied and advises on fulfilling required obligations.
This website provides links to certain third-party sites. Since we do not control them, we encourage you to review their privacy policies.
An e-service on the EULEX website is a service or resource made available on the internet in order to improve the communication between people and businesses on the one hand and EULEX on the other.
3 types of e-services are, or will be, offered by EULEX website:
- Information services that provide people, media, business, administrations and others with easy and effective access to information;
- Interactive communication services that allow better contacts with people, business, civil society and public bodies, in order to facilitate policy consultations and feedback (links to social medias);
- Transaction services that allow access to all basic forms of transactions with EULEX, such as procurement, financial operations, recruitment, event enrolment, acquisition of documents.
Information contained in a specific privacy statement
A specific privacy statement covering separate data processing operations will be available containing the following information:
- What information is collected and for what purpose:
- Technical means on how EULEX collects personal information in order to fulfil a specific purpose;
- To whom your information is disclosed (if any);
- How you can access your information, verify its accuracy and, if necessary, correct it or ask for its erasure;
- How long your data is kept;
- What security measures are taken to safeguard your information against possible misuse or unauthorized access;
- Whom to contact if you have queries or complaints.
In order to evaluate our site statistically, we use the free web analytics software AWStats. This tool is used for the analysis of standard webserver log files generated based on visitor requests. Statistical analysis is performed on the log files containing IP addresses, Operating Systems, Browsers and Visited Pages.
EULEX website guides you to communicate with us, by sending an email. If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
When you send a message, your personal data are registered only in order to reply. If the team responsible for the mailbox is unable to answer your question, it will forward your email to another service. You will be informed, via email, about which service your question has been forwarded to.
If you have any questions about the processing of your email and related personal data, do not hesitate to include them in your message.
EULEX website is running on a server based in Kosovo. AWstats program is part of standard web hosting package and is used by us only to improve our website. End of each month the system automatically deletes the previous month’s archived logs.
If you want to get more information about your personal data stored in conjunction with the EULEX website, you can email us at the address below. In your email, clearly state your request and include the URL of the website/webpages your request refers to.